Open Line Group Homes, Inc.
Click here to fill out the job application
Department: Group Home
Employment Status: Non-exempt
Job Summary:The Facility Manager / Child Care Worker position is an integral member of the group home/treatment team. As such, this position is responsible for providing care and supervision while assuring a safe, orderly and nurturing milieu. Further, the Manager / Worker is responsible for providing client supervision during his/her entire shift. Duties are performed under the direction of the group home supervisor but some tasks are accomplished independently.
Reports to: Group Home Supervisor
High school diploma or equivalent. (minimum)
Bachelors degree is preferred.
15 units in a behavioral science, 9 of which pertain to at-risk youth
One (1) year experience preferred.
Must be at least 21 years old and in good physical and emotional health and capable of performing listed job duties.
License or Certification:
Valid California Drivers License, required
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise, protect and care for children individually and while in groups at all times.
- Set limits for behavior and reinforce positive behavior while working within the guidelines of the current treatment plan with the guidance of the therapist and group home supervisor.
- Model appropriate, healthy behavior to assist the client in personal, emotional and developmental growth.
- Follow agency policy and procedures and protocols at all time.
- Know and understand the program rules, compliance guidelines, discipline practices and milieu management best practices.
- Assure daily logs are completed in a timely fashion and include all relevant information for antecedents, behavior, responses and interventions treatment goals.
- Provide guidance, redirection and/or interventions during times of conflict and escalated behaviors.
- Check rooms, bathrooms, living quarters, and hygiene activities before going to school.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings.
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of meals for children, direct and guide clean-up activities after meals.
- Assure children get up, perform their activities of daily living (ADL), provide guidance and assistance to clients for preparing for bedtime and going to bed.
- Assure you attend all training offered and receive the required amount of hours per year required by the program.
- Inventory client belongings upon entry and discharge from the facility/agency.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the Executive Director, Administrator, Program Directors, Supervisors and Therapists.
Ability to interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with emotionally disturbed/delinquent adolescents, staff and the public.
Ability to physically assist in lifting and carrying/moving furniture as necessary and as directed from your supervisor.
Ability to visually and audibly assess adolescents behavior and needs.
Ability to walk, run to supervise active games with adolescents.
Potential Job Hazards:
Operation of company vehicles.
Contact with blood and or body fluids
Possible interaction with assaultive adolescents.
Demonstrated use of standard precautions and the ability to use the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) manual.
Demonstrated safe driving record with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and complete orientation for vehicle safety.
I, have read, agree to and have a copy of this job description. I will accept these responsibilities and abide with them to the best of my ability. I understand that this job description does not constitute an employment agreement and in no way does it change, alter, or augment the At-Will employment status under which I was hired.
Employee Signature Date
Press Ctrl-P to print the job